0 suggestions are available, use up and down arrow to navigate them
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
We have a current opportunity for a Project QHSE Advisor on a temporary basis. The position will be based in Atlantic City, NJ. For more information about this position please apply.
Project QHSE Advisor:
* Main scopes of work: Onshore/nearshore activities related to support to engineering and construction of Onshore Substations, cable trenching etc., Mid-Atlantic region/New Jersey
1. Secure QHSE conformity through proactive & risk based approach support to Construction package leadership to meet QHSE targets & KPI's for project.
2. Support to development and implementation of management systems & operational processes
3. Efficient and timely collaboration internally / externally
4. Reporting of reliable and timely QHSE data
5. Analytical and structures approach to daily work load
Key responsibilities / Tasks / Deliverables
o Participate actively in continual improvement of protecting people and the environment under the projects * Support Construction Manager and Package/Fabrication Managers in managing QHSE risks related to the awarded contractors* Support Projects in having a risk-based approach to ensure high QHSE standards are embedded in business
Typical overall tasks:
o Create a good QHSE reporting culture through leading by example, raising awareness, knowledge sharing, and lessons learned (registration and implementation)
o Monitoring, evaluation, and assessment of Contractors' QHSE behavior and performance using Ørsted incident reporting tool (Synergi) for reporting, trend analysis etc.
o Conduct regular QHSE inspections and report potential QHSE related risks.
o Participate and contribute to all relevant site and project QHSE meetings
o Carry out routine investigations as per process.
o Provide ad-hoc support as requested by Project QHSE Manager(s)
* Facilitation of regular QHSE meetings with Contractor and package representatives
* Review of Risk Assessed Method Statements (RAMS)
* Compile and maintain a site specific HSE plan for onshore site activities.
* Compile and maintain an emergency response plan for site activities.
* Operational HSE Assessment
* Perform HSE induction of onshore construction team
* Perform QHSE presentations at kick off meetings
* QHSE walk reports (e.g., using DIT)
* Entry of incidents and proactive measures in Synergi
* Other deliverables and as per Offshore (Q)HSE Risk management processes and AP QHSE Management framework
Note! Company will only consider U.S tax residents, who are authorized to work in the U.S without the need for sponsorship.
Minimum 5-10 years' work experience within Q and HSE, ideally from relevant fields of industry (i.e., construction, infrastructure, offshore, energy industries)
* Experience with management systems / relevant academic or technical background, e.g., BSc in an Occupational Q / HSE and/or engineering type field
* Completed NEBOSH General, Construction certificate or ASP/CSP level, or similar recognized (Q)HSE qualification
* Comply with Global Wind Organization Standard Basic Safety Training (BST), and USCG Medical and or Oil & Gas UK medical certificate (incl. Chester step test) or equivalent, or have the ability to pass same
* IT literate (Microsoft office package, knowledge of Synergi is an advantage)
* Union construction experience
* Q or HSE degree qualification on Diploma or BSc level
* Experience with Environmental management in a construction or offshore environment
Desired location - Preferably - New Jersey/Atlantic City
The Consultant must be in possession of an i-Phone 6 or a newer model, or a Windows phone 8.1 where company AirWatch app can be downloaded. The app is mandatory on all mobile devices used by staff (including consultants) to protect company from cybercrime.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
- Construction Management
- Energy Technology
- Infrastructure Management
Job ID: TR/065360