Jacobs Technology Group is a performance unit of our Critical Mission Solutions (CMS) Line of Business. The Jacobs CMS Technology Group specializes in the design, construction, and operation of unique and complex research and development facilities, including, as examples, wind tunnels (aerospace, automotive, and motorsports), rocket test stands, climatic chambers, jet engine test cells, acoustic chambers, altitude test facilities, captive trajectory systems, and nuclear facilities. Our projects span the automotive, motorsports, defense, nuclear, and aerospace markets. Recent clients include Audi, Boeing, BMW, Fiat Chrysler, Ford, Honda, General Motors, NASA, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Department of Energy, Volkswagen, and many others in North America, Europe, and Asia.
Our employees work to evolve the facilities of our clients by creating world class solutions that transform the future development of the client’s products. We provide award winning planning, engineering, construction and project management, and design-build project delivery throughout the world. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated service, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering solutions to our client’s programs.
Our capabilities and some recent project photos and videos can be found in the downloadable zip file at [ Link removed ] . Use “anontg” as both the user name and password.
Most of your designs will be unique, and you will usually be working on several projects at one time in a dynamic, challenging, and even fun environment. This position will provide you with an exciting opportunity to lead and manage projects as part of a multi-discipline team of professionals. We are looking for a mechanical process engineer who will work to ensure client satisfaction and deliver key projects within scope, budget, and schedule. You should be a self-motivated professional with at least 5 years of progressive design experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working on and leading project teams to develop new designs for various process systems supporting automotive and aerospace research and test facilities.
- Taking ownership of the technical schedule and budget performance of the work assigned to them
- Under direction of a senior engineer; planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating engineering work through the selection and adaptation or modification of techniques, procedures and criteria
- Analyzing features or work and applying sound engineering principles and practices
- Reviewing results from assigned tasks and determining if results are complete, correct, and adequately documented.
- Developing technical reports and presentations for project management and clients
- Formally checking the work of others for completeness
- Working closely with structural, machine design, controls and instrumentation and aerodynamics/fluid dynamics engineers.
- Sizing and specifying piping/ducting and piping/ducting components, selection of compressors, pumps and fans, valves, flow measurement and fluid conditioning equipment.
- High pressure cryogenic and pneumatic piping systems
- High Temperature systems including steam systems
- Refrigeration, vacuum, and fuel systems
- Working in a fast-paced environment and under deadlines while maintaining high quality standards
- Supporting Project Manager and Senior Engineer in on-going design efforts
- Participating in internal and external meetings and design reviews with team members and clients
- Gathering information, interviewing stakeholders, making studies, performing calculations, and preparing rough layouts and sketches as required.
- Installation support and supervision: working with suppliers, subcontractors and other trades from the office and project sites
- Create engineering calculations and specifications and oversee the creation of engineering drawings.
- Participating in proposal development and support marketing activities.
- Field work will be required including climbing up on test stands and working around machinery.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplined team to meet project budgets and schedules.
- Traveling will be required at times to support design reviews, attend factory acceptance testing of equipment, provide support for construction activities and provide support for startup/commissioning activities at job sites.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND /OR SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering from an accredited engineering school.
- Minimum 5 Years engineering experience or 2 – 3 Years engineering experience and a MS degree from an accredited engineering school.
- Prior design experience with process systems is preferred
- Self-motivated with the ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline team environment is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge and experience with common process piping systems
- Strong mechanical and process engineering analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communications, self-motivation, team-oriented work practices, strong technical problem solving and strong organizational approach
- High ethical values and strong commitment to self-development, teamwork, and desire to work in Due to federal requirements for portions of the assigned work US Citizenship is required.
- Experience with management of scope, schedule, and budget of individual projects
- Design experience with AMSE B31.1 and B31.3 and ASME B&PV Code
- Knowledge of thermodynamics, fluid flow – compressible and incompressible, thermal sciences, and process systems. Experience in design and/or maintenance of mechanical process systems is preferred but not required.
- Software experience preference: AutoCAD, AutoPipe, Caesar II, Mathcad, Creo
- FE/EIT certification preferred
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.