You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
About this role: EcoSys Cost Engineer
Brunel has an exciting opportunity for a EcoSys Cost Engineer with our client who is a global, leading mining company based in Arizona.
This contractor position will on a 4/1 rotation in Miami, AZ. (4-weeks on site, 1-week WFH)
Under general supervision, supports implementation of project controls software and Business Intelligence solutions which assists end users to better understand their data on Engineering, Procurement, and Construction projects. Main point of focus will be operating the project cost reporting tool EcoSys which includes maintaining system, system integrity, system quality, and acting as an EcoSys liaison with all project stakeholders from a cost perspective. This position will report to the Manager of Project Controls.
- Provides specialized assistance for the resolution of project control system issues through various methods such as data validation, system integrations and system integrity checks.
- Assists in the development of training materials, procedures/ processes and desktop instructions related to the various project control system’s applications.
- Implements Business Intelligence solutions, including data acquisition, storage, transformation and analysis.
- Creates new insights to help end users understand the data from predictive statistical modeling activities that target and deliver business values.
- Assists with the translation of the organization’s data needs into technical requirements and solutions.
- Becomes knowledgeable of the project controls system software and assists with software configurations and software integrations between solutions.
- Assists in User Acceptance Testing of new versions of various software packages or configuration changes.
- Responsible for providing data and business metrics to the organization as requested.
- Interface with the Project Controls Manager, Lead Cost, Lead Scheduler, and Quantity Surveyor for migration and integration of EcoSys Project Controls data for Cost, Commitments, Change Management, Forecasting, Progress, and Reporting.
- Working with the project control leads for preparation of export and import files, transfer of data, validation of data, manual update of data, setup of reports and key performance indicators, and generation of daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- The selected individual will have a very good understanding of Project Controls requirements on Capital Projects and have experience using EcoSys for Project Controls on a large capital project.
- Proactively work in a bilateral fashion with all members of the Project Controls team to ensure EcoSys conformance with corporate procedures, standards, and best practices.
What you need to bring:
- High School diploma or GED and five (5) years’ experience in software implementations, data integrations, project controls or business-related field
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS or IT, project controls, construction management or business or related field and two (2) years’ experience in Project Controls or similar
Preferred Requirements, Skills, Certifications and/or Training
- Experience using Project Controls software EcoSys, ARES Prism, Cleopatra Enterprise, Deltek, Omega or PIMS
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Excel and a strong understanding of Power BI or other dashboarding tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with Primavera P6 software an advantage
- Experience with EcoSys software
- Experience with Aconex Document Control an advantage
- Experience with Network, Applications, and Database Manipulations, Interfaces, and Setup a plus
- Skilled in manipulation and export/import of large amounts of data in different formats essential
- Self-Starter and Initiator core skillset, works well in a team environment core skillset
- Daily rate – US$500 – US$575/day
- Full-time employees are eligible for benefits. Benefits include medical, dental and vision that will begin on your first day of employment.
Our client is a global, leading mining and metals company.
- Acceptance Testing
- Business Intelligence
- Change Management
- Construction Management
- Control Systems
Job ID: PUB402080