You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Role: Technical Safety Engineer
Duration: Long Term
Rate: £Negotiable (Outside IR35)
Hybrid Working Available
Our company seeks to employ a Technical Safety Engineer to work on a range of interesting and challenging onshore and offshore projects around the world. Our company is dedicated to providing answers to our clients' oil and gas production challenges, with a workload which is varied and stimulating. Currently most of our project involvement is in the front-end areas including studies, concept and FEED phases and a range of oil and gas projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
We require applicants to have a relevant degree (grade 2:1 or higher) and have the right to work in the UK.
We expect applicants to have 5 to 10 years' experience in engineering for oil and gas facilities, including safety and risk related work, both onshore and offshore, from the feasibility, conceptual and ideally FEED stages of design.
Specific experience or willingness to gain experience in the following areas:
- HAZOP, HAZID, ALARP and SIMOPs studies.
- Qualitative, Semi-Qualitative (risk-ranking) and Quantitative Risk Assessments.
- Technical safety input into options screening, including comparative hazard assessments.
- Inherently safe design principles and application of hazard management hierarchy.
- Coarse review of impact of brownfield modifications on existing Quantitative Risk Assessment.
- Consequence Modelling Analysis (explosions, jet fires, flash fires, pool fires and flammable/toxic gas dispersion).
- Layout design and optimization.
- SIL determination, reliability calculations, Fault Tree Analysis and Layers of Protection Analysis.
- Safety Assessments, including Fire and Explosion Analysis, Escape, Evacuation and Rescue studies, Occupied Building Risk Assessment.
- Hazardous area classification.
- Working Environment Risk Assessment (WERA).
- High level Safety Systems Design (F&G detection, firewater, firefighting, fire protection/PFP).
- Emergency Response Planning.
- Safety Management Systems.
- Safety Philosophies.
- Safety critical system identification and performance standard review / development.
- Safety Cases, COMAH compliance.
- Upstream, Downstream and LNG experience.
- Familiarity with safety best practices, IOC guidelines, well-known governmental standards and requirements.
- Software modelling experience using DNV's Phast and SAFETI, GEXCON's EFFECTS and RISKCURVES.
We are looking for applicants who can demonstrate:
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline team to develop solutions focused on client objectives.
- Lead studies and supervise junior engineers, to ensure quality requirements are met.
- Willing to travel to clients around the world.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for the discipline and the desire to continue professional development
- Ability and willingness to apply skills and knowledge developed for oil and gas projects to other industries such as hydrogen, nuclear, mining and metals.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Control Of Major Accident Hazards Regulations
- Emergency Management
- Fault Tree Analysis
Job ID: OG63387