You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Project Manager - Hydrogen Projects
The Project Manager will lead development projects for the hydrogen team in Houston. Projects may vary from internal design/manufacturing to industrial scale plant deployments. The role resides in the engineering organization and requires close interaction with the sales, supply chain, quality, manufacturing and service teams to ensure designs meet cross functional requirements. This manager will maintain project schedules and regularly meet with team members to review project status, prioritize activities and plan future actions. This position plays a key role in managing engineering deliverables with both internal and external customers. The ideal candidate should exhibit both exceptional communication and project management skills along with a technical background. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, able to handle multiple project assignments and willing to learn and adapt within a fast-paced engineering organization.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead teams through the product development process including requirements development, technical design, vendor/subcontractor work, manufacturing/assembly, validation, and product release stages
- Create and maintain multiple complex schedules; setting priorities for internal engineering as well as contracted resources
- Advise Company management of the program statuses on a regular basis
- Translate customer deliverables as appropriate to the engineering team
- Coordinate the efforts of the engineering, sales and production departments to ensure programs are conducted in accordance with the requirements of sales orders and budgets
- Independently anticipate potential schedule delays and initiate plans for alternative actions as needed; able to rearrange competing priorities to ensure all deadlines are met
- Cross-functionally communicate between departments to ensure all parties involved are informed and up to date on project changes and delays
- Coordinate prototype testing to qualify new designs
- Hold cross functional design reviews throughout the development process
- Work professionally and cooperatively in a cross-functional team environment with a focus upon maximizing system performance and customer satisfaction
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or a related field of study
- PMP certification strongly preferred
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of project management experience in product development
- Experience in any of the following is preferred and highly valued:
- Cryogenic Industry
- High Pressure Systems
- Gas processing and/or dispensing equipment
- Oil and Gas, CNG, LNG, etc.
- Experience in a customer facing environment preferred
- Ability to travel occasionally, up to 10% of the time
- Computer and software systems skills as applicable to position including but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences and stakeholders
- Uncompromising dedication to quality
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task effectively
- Ability to role model high standards of professionalism
- Excellent follow-through
- Must be driven and self-motivated
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.
- Assembly And Installation
- Attention To Detail
- Certified Project Management Professional
Job ID: BBBH43252