You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
[ Link removed ] about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: [ Link removed ]
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the Job
Responsible to obtain permits for work or project , be company point of contact for owners / vendor as required , perform a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled, and skilled tasks while responsible for maintenance, repair and installation of electrical or electronic equipment and systems.
Electricians lay-out, assemble, install, test and repair electrical wiring, light-fixtures, control devices and related equipment in buildings and other structures.
Project - Plant in British Columbia
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Industrial electricians install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls.
- Install able trays/ladders, conduits, and other cable support systems
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
- May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
- Read circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to plan wiring layouts.
- Pull wire through conduits and through holes in walls and floors.
- Install brackets and hangers to support electrical equipment.
- Install, replace and repair lighting fixtures and electrical control and distribution equipment, such as switches, relays and circuit breaker panels.
- Join and connect wire to fixtures and components to form circuits.
- Test completion of circuits using test equipment.
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical and electronic systems and remove and replace faulty parts.
HSE AND QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain standards of safety and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System requirements.
- Take reasonable care of my own health and safety and that of others in the workplace.
- Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements
Qualification and Experience:
- Completion of a four- or five-year industrial electrician apprenticeship program.
- Red seal qualification
- Hold a valid British Columbia master electrician ( Class B) or a field safety representative certificate of qualification
- Enjoyment in working with electrical systems and installations.
- Must be able to work at heights
- Concern for safety
- Knowledge of electrical standards for installation and repairs
- Aptitude for mathematics and science
- Background in technical and mechanical knowledge and skills
- Good eyesight and hand-eye coordination
- Creativity and a logical approach to problem-solving
- Physical strength and endurance
- Ability to understand blueprints and specifications
- Read and interpret Schematic, wiring, and cable schedules
- Knowledge of computerized systems
- Ability to work alone or as a member of a team
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers politely
- Interest in the latest technology
- Interprovincial trade certification (Red Seal) is also available to qualified industrial electricians.
- Assembly And Installation
- Circuit Breaker
- Cladding (Construction)
Job ID: 1580