You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
About this role: Senior Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
Brunel is seeking a Sr. Instrumentation & Controls Engineer for our major mining client to provide technical advice and guidance for all phases of assigned large/complex instrumentation and controls (I&C) engineering projects and programs, ensuring the successful conclusion of all phases within an appropriate time and at appropriate cost.
- Apply working knowledge of instrumentation and controls engineering principles to assigned engineering projects, using sound engineering, data measurement & collection, calculations, analysis, interpretation and problem solving.
- Review, interpret, comment and approve instrumentation and controls engineering deliverables. Review reports for instrumentation and controls design projects and provide recommendations to site team and to project consultants.
- Lead the instrumentation and controls efforts on large/complex engineering projects, which may include the development of new or modification to existing systems and processes, including the responsibility of approving work from other engineering disciplines.
- Serves as an instrumentation and controls subject matter expert (SME) on large/complex projects.
- Manages large/complex site construction, expansion or modification Engineering projects
- Oversight of the instrumentation and controls department of an engineering company, construction planning and construction supervision.
- Provide guidance and counsel to the site management team on applicable processes, practices, and existing/proposed local, state and federal regulations
- Contribute to site strategic planning and budgeting efforts for designated engineering areas
- Develop and/or review scopes of work, evaluate proposals, draft formalized internal requests for funding.
- May evaluate and administer contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment as approved and required.
- Evaluates and administers contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment.
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related engineering discipline from an accredited curriculum and ten (10) years related experience in in Instrumentation and Controls engineering or a related field, OR
- Master’s Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related engineering discipline from an accredited curriculum and eight (8) years of experience in engineering or related scientific field.
- Proficient in MS Office and other engineering tools (CAD, ETAP, SKM etc.)
- Both design and field engineering experience
- Proficiency in design tools for the relevant discipline(s)
- Advanced degree or Professional Engineering (PE) certification
- Fluency in English required.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices of instrumentation and controls engineering
- Familiarity with all the latest developments in the design and application of control system, instrumentation, system hardware and architecture design
- Experience leading and or participating in hazard studies, SIL studies and any other safety studies
- Ability to research and analyze information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusions
- Skilled in managing large/complex discipline related tasks on Engineering projects.
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Skill in following safety practices, and recognizing, controlling and/or eliminating hazards
- Strong analytical skills
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
- Architectural Design
- Computer Architectures
Job ID: PUB402182