You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for managing engineering activities within an organization. The manager will implement and maintain engineering objectives and initiatives. Manages the creation and improvement of products that involve the engineering department. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others.
This role will work out of our corporate office in San Antonio, Texas, three days per week. The other two days (Monday and Friday) allow the team member the option to work remotely
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day engineering department to the approved annual budget and financial Profit and Loss.
- Keeps informed of the product and service capabilities of the Business, identifies improvement and developmental needs, takes action to capitalize on prospective market opportunities, and makes recommendations for technology or technical tools and manpower skills necessary to implement new and improved products and services.
- Ensures that assigned engineering positions are organized and staffed properly and that the assigned personnel are trained and administered appropriately to carry out the business plan and budget, as approved, in accordance with established policies, procedures, and technical standards. Appraises their performance and recommends compensation adjustments and advancements. When changes so warrant, recommends alterations in organization and staffing.
- Ensures that all ABS Quality System requirements regarding technical work within the area of responsibility are fulfilled.
- Assist in the development of short- and long-range business plans for the department.
- Identify needs for new research and product/service design and development projects.
- Support the ABS Quality & Environmental System by overseeing the program's implementation, operation, and maintenance.
- Monitor and critique the delivery of all technical services to customers in terms of customer satisfaction and adherence to applicable criteria.
What You Will Need:
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Civil (Structural) or Mechanical Engineering is required
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading teams
- Minimum of 10 years of experience is required
- Active PE License is required
- Masters Degree in Civil (Structural) or Mechanical Engineering is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of and appreciation for the concept of management systems and their value when will-designed and fully implemented is required.
- The human relations skills necessary to organize, direct and motivate senior-level professionals and managers. These skills are also necessary to develop strong client relationships at the highest levels.
- Demonstrated experience growing business - commercial focus is preferred
- Past project work with Oil & Gas, Chemicals, and Other Industrial clients is preferred
Reports directly to a Director or Vice President within the Engineering department.
Direct reports to the incumbent are the Engineering staff.
Work will normally be performed in an air-conditioned office environment. Occasionally, the incumbent will be required to visit manufacturing plants, remote field sites, or go aboard marine vessels or structures. Work will be non-manual, but the incumbent must be able to walk and climb among equipment and structures. Occasionally may have to lift between 5‒15 pounds.
This position requires access to information that is subject to control by the Export Administration Regulations and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Any offer of employment shall be contingent upon the Company’s verification that the candidate is a “U.S. Person” or upon the receipt of all necessary export licenses or authorizations that may be required by U.S. export control laws. “U.S. Persons” are defined as U.S. citizens, U.S. lawful permanent residents (i.e., “green card” holders), or any individual granted protected status under the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3)), including asylees and refugees. In the event a candidate refuses or cannot otherwise provide the necessary information for the Company to determine whether such licenses may be required, or for the Company to obtain any required licenses, the Company shall maintain the exclusive right to discontinue the application process and/or withdraw any contingent offer that has been made.We set out more than 160 years ago to promote the security of life and property at sea and preserve the natural environment. Today, we remain true to our mission and continue to support organizations facing a rapidly evolving seascape of challenging regulations and new technologies. Through it all, we are anchored by a vision and mission that help our clients find clarity in uncertain times. ABS is a global leader in marine and offshore classification and other innovative safety, quality, and environmental services. We’re at the forefront of supporting the global energy transition at sea, the application of remote and autonomous marine systems, cutting-edge technical solutions, and many more exciting advancements. Our commitment to safety, reliability, and efficiency is ever-present, guiding our clients to safer and more efficient operations. About Our Benefits ABS Group proudly offers a variety of industry-leading benefits designed to enhance the life and well-being of our employees and their families. These benefits include, but are not limited to, medical insurance (PPO and HD), dental and vision insurance, Health Savings account (HSA), Flexible Savings Account (FSA), life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, disability leave programs, parental leave program, paid holidays, and paid vacation time. The Company provides an Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that offers additional support in personal wellness, including work-life services. ABS Group also offers a 401K plan with a generous company match, subject to plan requirements. Equal Opportunity The ABS Group of Companies is committed to the equal employment opportunity of its employees and prohibits discrimination against any employee or qualified applicant based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status, or other non-work-related characteristics that may be protected under the law of the Federal Government or specific state employment laws. Notice ABS and Affiliated Companies (ABS) will not pay a fee to any third-party agency without a valid ABS Master Service Agreement (MSA) authorized and signed by Human Resources. Any resume, CV, application, or other forms of candidate submission provided to any employee of ABS without a valid MSA on file will be considered property of ABS, and no fee will be paid. Other This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job of the incumbent. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making a fair decision regarding the pay structure of the job. #ogjsThe Engineering Manager is responsible for managing engineering activities within an organization. The manager will implement and maintain engineering objectives and initiatives. Manages the creation and improvement of products that involve the engineering department. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others.
- Commercial Awareness
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Satisfaction
- Human Relations Movement
Job ID: 742