You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Engineer - Electrical
Interested in a career in the product testing industry? Would you like to work for a global organization that helps make the world a safer place? Intertek is actively seeking an Engineer to join our Electrical team in Cortland, NY. By joining Intertek, your contributions will be valued as we continue to help the world Build Back Ever Better.
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification (ATIC) solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Working at Intertek means joining a global network of state-of-the-art facilities and passionate people who deliver superior customer service with a purpose of bringing quality, safety, and sustainability to life.
About the Electrical Team
Intertek's Electrical team provides assurance, testing, inspection, and certification for a variety of electric products, including appliances, consumer electronics, lighting, medical devices, information communications technology, HVACR, industrial, and energy transmission and distribution. Our dedicated professionals help ensure the quality, safety, and sustainability of electrical products used by people throughout the world.
The Engineer is responsible for performing testing and evaluation on a variety of products to the provisions of U.S., Canadian and other international product safety standards; writing reports; and communicating with clients. Under the guidance of a more senior Engineer, may also conduct on and off-site evaluation of products to determine compliance with applicable standard(s).
Scope of Work
- Read and determine applicability of national codes and standards clauses for the EUT (equipment under test).
- Validate the project scope and sample applicability.
- Set up and operate EUT; perform and document simple repairs on EUT as needed.
- Perform testing of products in accordance with standards.
- Complete preliminary design reviews (PDR) both on and off site.
- Develop, set up, and follow established test plans.
- Compile test results during construction review and testing. Compile data and product description and type final report using established report shell. Submit report to reviewer for final approval.
- Communicate project status and test results to client, sales personnel, and management throughout testing.
- Provide on-going support to clients as needed.
- Within policy guidelines, identify, properly document, and recommend engineering judgments.
- Perform other work as required.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, electrical or mechanical is preferred.
- Microsoft Office expertise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to make technical decisions and engineering judgments independently within established parameters.
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate, up to 25%.
- Must possess a valid unrestricted driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Physical dexterity/mobility to travel via car, airplane and to perform all functions inherent to the position.
- Demonstrated experience with U.S., Canadian, and other international product safety standards is a plus.
- Mechanical or electrical aptitude a plus.
- Prior project management experience is a plus.
What We Have to Offer
When working with Intertek, you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including:
- Fully comprehensive benefits package; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability
- 401(k) with company matching
- Generous vacation/sick time (PTO)
- Competitive market pay
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Tuition reimbursement and much more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Why Work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ] .
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] .
Intertek promotes a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. With passion, pace, and precision we work to exceed our customers’ expectations, while engaging with our employees to be 10X in their performance and professional growth.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance, and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
Intertek believes that [ Link removed ] are our strongest tool for success. We are an [ Link removed ] and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email [ Link removed ] or call
- Business Requirements
- Customer Service
- Data Collection
- Fact Checking
Job ID: 5427