System Engineer (NV1)
We are Fujitsu. A Japanese company with a strong set of values and a history of respecting fairness and equality, whilst promoting diversity and inclusion. We constantly push ourselves to do better and strive to bring together a diverse mix of perspectives and talents in an inclusive environment, where we encourage our people to bring their full selves to work. We call this Be Completely You.
We are inclusive. As a responsible business, it is important to us that we reflect the diversity of our society and customers. Globally, Fujitsu is not only a Disability Confident company, a Times Top 50 employer for Women, and a signatory for the Race at Work Charter. We are also committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and in Australia we have been recognised as an AWEI Bronze employer for our LGBTI+ inclusion. We also have specific inclusion efforts with First Nations Peoples in New Zealand through our Maori and Pacific Peoples Inclusion Plan and in Australia with our Reconciliation Action Plan.
We are people centric. This means we care about our people (and their families and communities) and appreciate that everyone has a life outside of work. By supporting our people to Work Your Way, we empower them to achieve a flexible and respectful approach to work which suits them and our customers best - this could be working hours, location, or a flexible approach to their working day.
We want you to thrive. If working for a progressive organisation, with a continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion is important, you should apply.
Shape your world and achieve together
We are looking for a strong System Engineer (with NV1 clearance) for our Government client to start on the 1st of May 2023. There is an option to work remotely, however there is a requirement that four days per month will be spent in Canberra (expenses paid).
- Ensure all work meets quality standards and quality control measures.
- Lead system specification decomposition and ensure requirements are successfully tested during the verification and validation process
- Analyse complex systems engineering issues across a range of capability elements and apply expertise to identify and recommend courses of action
- Contribute to and review externally developed designs, plans and other artefacts to ensure integration with requirements and verification processes
- Coordinate team and service provider resources to deliver and support IT services and products
- Codification of developed knowledge to enable knowledge transfer to ASD contractors and employees.
Demonstrated skills and experience in:
- Good knowledge of System Engineering/Systems Security principles, processes and technologies.
- Demonstrated experience analysing business needs to understand and synthesise requirements to produce system specifications and designs, including evaluating the trade-offs between various designs options to meet the composite of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in prototyping ICT concepts and solutions and assessing results against requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of both software and infrastructure solutions in public, private and hybrid cloud environments.
- Demonstrated ICT technical leadership and communication skills including • leading ICT technical planning activities including development of product breakdown structures, planning ICT product delivery and ICT engineering activities • guiding the technical delivery of a range of ICT solutions • excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact collegiately with customers, colleagues and technical teams.
- Demonstrated experience leading engineering practices and processes in an Organisation using Dev Ops or SAFE agile
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following: • Transition in and/or transition out of outsourced arrangements • Implementation of service delivery and service management arrangements supporting production ICT systems • Implementation of ongoing system sustainment arrangements
Due to the inherent requirements of the role, candidates must be Australian Citizens and hold a minimum NV1 or NV2 Security Clearance. The role will or will likely involve access to controlled technology, must satisfy additional restrictions and requirements as a consequence of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and the Export Administration Regulations. As a consequence of these restrictions and requirements, applicants may be adversely impacted if they are not Australian citizens, are dual nationals, hold citizenship from proscribed countries or are not of Australian national origin. Please refer to Discrimination (Fujitsu Australia Limited) Exemption 2017 (No 1) Notifiable instrument NI2020-672 (ACT ).
Fujitsu complies with government legislation in various jurisdictions which in some circumstances may impose a requirement that certain workers be vaccinated against COVID-19 (or otherwise have a valid exemption). Also, for client facing roles, some of our customers require our staff to be vaccinated to attend their workplaces. Based on Fujitsu’s assessment of workplace risk and the safety and wellbeing of our people and consultation with our staff, Fujitsu has a Vaccination Requirements policy which requires all new employees to have received at least two COVID-19 vaccinations or have a medical exemption or otherwise be approved by the Crisis Management Team (CMT). Exemptions will need to be reviewed and approved by Fujitsu’s CMT, prior to being employed. Note that for some roles, employees may need booster vaccination(s) in accordance with a public health order or customer
requirement. Recruits will be required to provide evidence of their vaccination status as part of the recruitment process.
- Agile Methodology
- Business Requirements
- Composite Materials
- Dev Ops