You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer
Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer
Job Description and Qualifications
We are looking for Senior Principal Mechanical Engineers with significant industry experience to join the engineering team based in The Hague, NL, reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Manager EMEA.
There are currently three positions available, each requiring slightly different mechanical expertise;
- Static Equipment (pressure vessels, columns, storage tanks, reactors, heat exchangers, flares, vaporisers etc.)
- Rotating Equipment/Machinery (compressors, pumps, blowers, packaged equipment etc.)
- Fired Equipment (SMR, furnaces, flares, incinerators, heaters and heat exchangers etc.)
- Requisitioning engineer for the planning, specification and subsequent purchase order management of a range of mechanical equipment which may include Pressure Vessels, Dehydration Packages, Cooling Towers, Water Treatment, Reformers, Adsorption Skids, Clarifiers, Pumps, Compressors and similar.
- Competent to undertake the design and analysis of equipment typical of the above.
- Reviewing customer technical requirements to prepare execution strategies, technical specification packages for enquiry/purchase and undertaking technical evaluations and risk assessment of supplier proposals, coordinating the necessary cross-functional input to support this.
- Ability to act as a lead engineer where required, coordinating workload to meet schedule, quality and budget requirements together with timely reporting on status and progress for themselves and for members of their team who may in the UK or overseas.
- Liaising with other engineering functions and coordinating cross-functional reviews of supplier designs and documentation to facilitate the integration of purchased equipment into the overall plant design.
- Able to support the Mechanical discipline in the preparation of hours and resource estimates, P&ID reviews, HAZOP, model reviews.
- Willing to undertake witness inspections and acceptance testing of purchased equipment.
- Resolving customer or joint-venture partner comments on equipment selections.
- Providing technical support throughout construction and commissioning phases of projects retaining overall technical responsibility for equipment during and after successful handover.
- Willing to undertake international travel to equipment suppliers and site locations at appropriate times throughout the project delivery.
Requirements, Experience & Qualifications
- Degree level qualification in Mechanical Engineering (or related).
- Chartered Engineer (CEng), European Engineer (EUR ING) or equivalent affiliation with a professional body.
- Demonstrable experience in the specification, evaluation and engineering of a range of equipment types in an EPC project environment.
- Strong working knowledge of International Codes and experience with the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) and CE/UKCA marking.
- Experience in commissioning or operations within working facilities, able to demonstrate fault finding, issue resolution and decision-making skills is desirable.
- Experience with equipment in cryogenic, ammonia or hydrogen service is desirable.
- Engineering software skills, examples include: Compress, Aspen, HTRI, ANSYS.
- A demonstrable understanding of cross-functional interfaces and overcoming the associated challenges in an EPC environment for process facilities.
- Experience leading or supervising engineers both in the home office and overseas would be desirable.
- Highly competent written and spoken communication and able to use a range of standard software such as MS Word and MS Excel to prepare technical documents and to write technical reports.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.
- Decision Making
Job ID: BBBH42602