0 suggestions are available, use up and down arrow to navigate them
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
The NES Fircroft Chicago office are calling all candidates to join one of our largest clients as an Contracts Writer. This individual would be employed on a long term contract basis.
This position will provide contracting and general procurement support for Refinery operations, Maintenance, Turnarounds, Capital Projects, and other functional areas as necessary.
The role reports to the Senior Director Procurement and is primarily responsible for ensuring that the company has met all financial, legal, and technical policies and procedures required to procure needed services, equipment, and materials. This is accomplished through leading sourcing, contracting, management, or other strategic Procurement activities (core procurement activities). This candidate has a high level of experience, functional expertise, and is a resource to the refineries for these Core Procurement Activities.
- Initiate the contract process per business unit request and in adherence with refinery and corporate policies.
- Negotiate terms, conditions and rates with contractors.
- Lead, coordinate and execute sourcing and contracting of complex services, products, technical equipment or materials to support the refinery.
- Coordinate with local functional areas and other global personnel to obtain information, resolve problems and identify contract requirements.
- Track and maintain new and existing contracts to ensure timely inception, extension, renewal or termination.
- Lead the development of contractor use criteria or project scopes.
- Work with Corporate Legal to obtain required legal approvals for various types of contracting activities.
- Create and maintain contracts in SAP and Ariba.
- Serve as the contact between business units and contractors for contractual compliance and dispute resolution.
- Benchmark externally and participate in industry groups and functions to better understand how others are applying sourcing and purchasing programs to improve business results.
- Lead and participate in cost savings programs and process improvement projects and activities.
- Develop and elevate team sourcing and purchasing knowledge and capability.
- Provide forward looking recommendations on supplier trends and guidance based on scorecards, research and partnership with internal and external customers.
- Continuously develop new sources of supply and help maintain the Approved Suppliers List, evaluating supplier performance for pre-qualification.
- Knowledge of ISNetworld contractor requirements for the facility.
- Create and distribute weekly or ad hoc reports.
- Coordinate with procurement at other client sites to ensure alignment with shared vendors.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, but not required
- 5+ years' experience in procurement or supply chain required, including the ability to negotiate favorable commercial terms and conditions.
- 5+ years' experience in writing/negotiating contracts preferred including a strong understanding of legal terms and conditions.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel and SharePoint).
- Ability to communicate clearly at all levels of the organization as well as with suppliers.
- Negotiation skills and experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management.
- Experience with SAP Materials Management module. Experience with additional SAP modules including Plant Maintenance is preferred. Experience with Ariba or other contract management software preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting and budgeting process controls as it relates to Procurement.
- Next Highest Management Level Title/Name: Senior Director Procurement
- Immediate Supervisor's Title/Name: Procurement Supervisor
- Direct Reports Titles/Names: N/A
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
- Business Process Improvement
- Contract Negotiation
- Cost Reduction
Job ID: BH-223253