You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
The Principal Engineer will act as a software product owner and support the group in successful execution of Digital Engineering initiatives, including Freedom Engineering. Digital Engineering initiatives are intended to improve and enhance both the operational effectiveness and client satisfaction of the organization. The successful candidate will assist the team with product development, project execution, and deliver successful implementation with a focus on business results. Principal Engineer is responsible for performing a variety of professional-level engineering tasks in their areas of expertise. May assume project management responsibility for smaller projects or subtasks of larger or complex projects. When not assuming project management responsibility, Principal Engineer will take technical direction on a project and assignment-specific basis from their supervisor. May be assigned to several projects concurrently, and on each project, the assignment may report for technical direction to a different supervisor. The Principal Engineer position is a professional-level technical position, with limited responsibility for performing management tasks. An engineer who has attained professional engineering registration or the equivalent and has several years of responsible charge-level experience typically fills the Principal Engineer position.
What You Will Do:
- Develops budgets and schedules for assigned projects and project tasks, within the requirements of contracts and subject to the approval of Project and RC Division Management.
- Initiates project setup and project management files for projects or sub-projects of moderate complexity.
- Acts in responsible charge, while directly performing assigned engineering tasks in conformance with the Company’s quality standards and the project budget and schedule.
- Provides direction and oversight of Engineers, Lead Engineers, and Project Engineers assigned to assist the Principal Engineer in the execution of project responsibilities.
- Initiates and maintains communication with clients and contractors for purposes of technical coordination of project requirements.
- Assists in technical training and mentoring of Engineers, Lead Engineers, and Project Engineers.
- Participates in the marketing of the Company’s services to client contacts and new clients, as assigned by management.
- Assists in the collection of payment for project work from clients, as assigned by Supervisor.
- Prepares and submits time charge records, expense reports, invoice approvals, and collections status notices promptly by Company procedures.
What You Will Need:
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor of Science degree in an appropriate engineering discipline (or recognized equivalent) and at least eight (8) years of relevant work experience; or
- Master of Science degree in the engineering discipline (or recognized equivalent), and at least seven (7) years relevant work experience; or
- A Doctor of Philosophy degree in the engineering discipline (or recognized equivalent), and at least five (5) years of relevant work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to utilize basic personal computer applications including spreadsheets, word processors, email, and Internet browsers.
- Ability to communicate technical aspects of projects and work assignments to peers, subordinates, and clients.
- Ability to direct the execution of moderately complex engineering tasks.
- Obtain a working knowledge of the ABS Health, Safety, Quality, and Environmental Management System.
The incumbent reports directly to the Director level or higher. This position does not have any direct reports.We set out more than 160 years ago to promote the security of life and property at sea and preserve the natural environment. Today, we remain true to our mission and continue to support organizations facing a rapidly evolving seascape of challenging regulations and new technologies. Through it all, we are anchored by a vision and mission that help our clients find clarity in uncertain times. ABS is a global leader in marine and offshore classification and other innovative safety, quality, and environmental services. We’re at the forefront of supporting the global energy transition at sea, the application of remote and autonomous marine systems, cutting-edge technical solutions, and many more exciting advancements. Our commitment to safety, reliability, and efficiency is ever-present, guiding our clients to safer and more efficient operations. About Our Benefits ABS Bureau proudly offers a variety of industry-leading benefits designed to enhance the life and well-being of our employees and their families. These benefits include, but are not limited to, medical insurance (PPO and HD), dental and vision insurance, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Savings Account (FSA), life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, disability leave programs, parental leave program, paid holidays, and paid vacation time. The Company provides an Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that offers support in personal wellness, including work-life services. ABS Bureau also offers a 401K plan with a generous company match, subject to plan requirements. Equal Opportunity ABS Bureau is committed to the equal employment opportunity of its employees and prohibits discrimination against any employee or qualified applicant based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status, or other non-work-related characteristics that may be protected under the law of the Federal Government or specific state employment laws. Notice ABS and Affiliated Companies (ABS) will not pay a fee to any third-party agency without a valid ABS Master Service Agreement (MSA) authorized and signed by Human Resources. Any resume, CV, application, or other forms of candidate submission provided to any employee of ABS without a valid MSA on file will be considered property of ABS, and no fee will be paid. Other This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job of the incumbent. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making a fair decision regarding the pay structure of the job. #ogjsThe Principal Engineer will act as a software product owner and support the group in successful execution of Digital Engineering initiatives, including Freedom Engineering. Digital Engineering initiatives are intended to improve and enhance both the operational effectiveness and client satisfaction of the organization. The successful candidate will assist the team with product development, project execution, and deliver successful implementation with a focus on business results. Principal Engineer is responsible for performing a variety of professional-level engineering tasks in their areas of expertise. May assume project management responsibility for smaller projects or subtasks of larger or complex projects.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Environmental Management
- Implement Projects
- Product Design
- Project Management
Job ID: 704