0 suggestions are available, use up and down arrow to navigate them
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Analyst, Market & Business Insights
American Bureau of Shipping Spring, TX Full-Time
The Market & Business Insights Analyst develops business, operational & safety performance, and analysis reports, as well as gathers analyses of competitor intelligence, and delivers insights reports on specific market/performance trends.
What You Will Do:
- Develop, maintain, and run business intelligence dashboards and reports to monitor and visualize business performance including but not limited to market share, business plan KPIs, Safety, fleet casualties, sanction countries, and risk profiles.
- Enhance business intelligence reports with relevant highlights and insights, and where appropriate develop ad-hoc analysis models to derive insights from plausible outlook scenarios.
- Conduct general industry, competitors’, and macroeconomics research/ analysis, follow industry trends, and new maritime technologies to identify emerging trends, threats, or growth opportunities.
- Support the development of the World and ABS outlook models, and the annual corporate business plan
- Stay actively informed & the aim is to broaden and deepen the level of knowledge and expertise.
What You Will Need:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or recognized equivalent in Engineering (Hull or Machinery).
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Data Sciences preferred.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in survey/engineering/business development/analytics roles in the maritime & offshore industries preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Commercial awareness of the maritime & offshore industries gained from field experience in Asia/Europe desired.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including the ability to synthesize data and generate reports in a concise and user-friendly format.
- A structured approach to modelling and problem-solving
- Ability to strike the right balance between effort and impact, including a pragmatic approach to simplifying the tasks at hand without compromising integrity.
- Ability to think “beyond models and numbers” and understand how model results translate into real-life insights – including an intuitive understanding of what can, and what cannot, be derived from a given set of model results.
- Programming experience in R/Python and statistical analysis desirable
- Proactive and self-motivated, able to manage timelines and prioritize tasks
- Strong commitment to ethical business practices, in full accordance with ABS Operating Principles and Mission as well as corporate policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop a working knowledge of ABS Rules, Guides, statutory regulations, and related instructions, as well as the ABS Employee Safety Policy.
- Reports directly to the Vice President of Business Planning and Analysis.
- Business Administration
- Business Development
- Business Ethics
- Business Intelligence
- Commercial Awareness
Job ID: 147