You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Aramco is seeking a Separation Specialist who is specialized in chromatography to join the Advanced Analysis Group under Technical Services Division of our Research & Development Center (R&DC). This team is responsible for: Delivering specialized and customized services to Aramco utilizing advanced analytical chemistry techniques and consulting in chemistry matters to overcome plant issues, select oil field chemicals, and convert low-value streams into high-value products.
The Separation Specialist’s primary role is to participate in the chromatography lab in support of gas and petroleum hydrocarbon and chemicals testing. The role also entails introducing analytical technologies to the lab, developing analytical methods and capabilities, and interacting with Aramco operations and research teams to solve analytical and operational challenges.
- Perform testing using advanced separation techniques (e.g.: gas chromatography, comprehensive multi-dimensional gas chromatography) and hyphenated instruments to characterize oil, gas, and chemical samples.
- Develop new analytical methods and address non-routine studies to meet research and operational needs.
- Carry out investigative studies in support of field and plant operations.
- Conduct a basic level of instrument maintenance and troubleshooting to sustain laboratory functionality.
- Use project management tools in setting work objectives, detailing experimental scope, and timely execution of projects.
- Train technicians and mentor junior scientists in separation techniques operation and applications.
- Publish analytical methods and suitable results in scientific journals and societies.
- Master’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, PhD degree is preferred.
- At least five years’ experience developing applications for chromatographic and mass spectrometric methods for petroleum and chemicals characterization.
- A strong background in gas chromatography utilization and developments for hydrocarbon characterization.
- Knowledge in comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography and hyphenated instrumentation is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate scientific credibility, preferably including publications and/or patents.
- Experience in a basic level of instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
- Chemical Engineering
- Mass Spectrometry
Job ID: 850896623