You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
- Location- Aberdeen
- Duration- Contract, 12 Months
- Worker status- Inside IR35
A Material Controller is required to work on a long term contract for a large Oil and Gas Company based within Aberdeen, Scotland.
• To guide the Materials Management and Warehousing team and be responsible for all material control activities to support execution of to meet schedule.
• Ensure all databases are updated; materials are receipted, bagged, tagged, and issued in accordance with Company policies, procedures and in compliance with all HSE and any legislative requirements.
• Co-ordination of Warehouse, Shipping and Logistics activities.
• Inventory management and reconciliation.
• Support development of appropriate materials management strategies and plans, including manpower requirements.
• Efficient and effective control of all materials to suit project requirements.
• Management of all materials in accordance with relevant Company policies, procedures, and project schedules.
• Good knowledge of warehousing and offshore legislations, e.g. COSHH / Hazardous, Dangerous Goods, etc.
• Support the Implementation of materials management strategies and plans.
• Ensure all materials databases and project reporting tools are updated with latest information.
• Management of materials between Expediting function and suppliers to ensure safe and timely delivery.
• Co-ordination of third-party inspection requirements (e.g. rental plant and equipment).
• Ensure all materials management activities are completed in time for shipment of materials to relevant site(s).
• Manage the material control and warehousing functions to ensure timely delivery, receipt, checking, storing, and issuing of goods.
• Ensure all materials are clearly labelled with PO number, Client Ref, and quantity.
• Ensure effective and timely reconciliation and disposal of surplus project materials.
• Promote Health, Safety, Security and Environment within the team.
• Provide support and guidance to junior team members and assist with their development.
• Provide support and assistance to other members of the team as required.
• Implement appropriate plans, processes, procedures, and warehouse space allocation.
• Control and manage offshore/site call offs/short order requisitions, plant and equipment hire, etc.
• Attend and participate in morning calls and any other project meetings.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Experience in Material Control.
• Experience in Warehouse Management and ERP systems.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Material Controllers looking for new employment.
- Control Of Substances Hazardous To Health (Coshh)
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Oil And Gas
- Reporting Tools
- Safety Principles
Job ID: OG086534