You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
ABS Group is a global company that provides data-driven risk and reliability solutions and technical services that help our clients enhance the safety, integrity, quality, and environmental efficiency of their critical assets and operations.
In January of 2020, we established our corporate Product Development & Innovation center in Knoxville, TN. We work with our clients to develop risk and reliability-related solutions to meet their needs. Every day our multidisciplinary team of engineers, software developers, data scientists, data analysts, and cyber security specialists work together to develop innovative digital solutions for a wide range of complex challenges. If you are a motivated self-starter with intellectual curiosity, we’re just what you’re looking for.
The Risk Consultant/Data Analyst position will analyze data from internal and external sources to estimate risk and inform decisions for our clients. Projects will often support federal government clients who are on the front lines of reducing negative impacts of both natural and man-made hazards to the American public. Analyses will involve critical thinking and moderate statistical analysis to unravel complex and often messy data. The ideal candidate is a team player, critical thinker, and problem solver who enjoys working in a dynamic, collaborative environment. This position will require moderate travel based on client and project need.
- Translate client needs and project tasking into individual, actionable next steps
- Research and identify available data sources to support decision-making
- Use data to compute risk metrics
- Use basic statistical tests to validate findings
- Assess risk using mathematical risk models
- Automate data gathering/cleaning processes
- Troubleshoot and debug errors
- Write reports/documentation summarizing your work
- Contribute positive energy to the team
- Communicate your work to small audiences (10-20 people)
- 1 to 4 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with two data analysis languages (e.g., SQL, Python, R, Stata)
- Experience with enterprise data visualization tools (e.g., Power BI, Tableau)
- Excel experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, economics, computer science, information management or statistics, or related technical field
- U.S. citizen capable of obtaining and maintaining a SECRET level clearance
- Good communication skills
- Advanced Excel experience (e.g. VBA, Query Editor/PowerQuery)
- Geospatial analysis experience (e.g. ArcGIS, QGIS)
- Experience in developing machine learning models (e.g., Python)
- Engineering experience
- Unstructured data parsing experience
- Aesthetic data visualization expertise
- Data analyst certification
- Arc Gis (Gis Software)
- Attention To Detail
- Computer Security
- Critical Thinking
Job ID: 313