You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Intertek is searching for a Controls Engineer to join our Transportation Technology team in our San Antonio, Texas office. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in Information Systems / Testing Laboratory!
Our Value Proposition – We Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- 401(k) with company match
- A team that values diversity and inclusion to drive a corporate culture
- Opportunities for growth through training and experience
- Employee referral bonuses
- Tuition reimbursement is available in an applicable field
What you’ll do:
Under the direction of the I.S. Director or lead Controls Engineer, the Controls Engineer, performs management of company control systems, hardware and software. Duties include: a) coding of detailed computer programs for process control systems. Process control systems shall automate operations and or data acquisition/ analysis systems to reduce, analyze and report measured data. b) Perform assignments in computer control systems support and maintenance.
- Performs detailed software coding, debugging, documentation and support of scientific, engineering, process control applications for real-time or interactive data acquisition and information systems. Software includes, but not limited to: communication software, database packages, graphic tools, utility/diagnostic programs, control systems and custom application software.
- Working with vendors and engineers to specify requirements, troubleshoot & diagnose:
- b) maintaining and modifying vendor software packages;
- c) modifying existing and creating special-purpose software; d) providing technical user education and support; e) adherence to programming standards; f) ensuring compliance with job requirements; g) ensuring systems (hardware/ software) efficiency and integrity; h) maintaining company hardware and software inventory; j) interface with team leader to clarify job specifications and ensure work is performed in a timely and responsive manner.
- Performs after hour call-out and other tasks as required by management.
- Carry out the above responsibilities, and all others which may be assigned, in a manner demonstrating support for and adherence to the Company’s Safety Policy and Procedures, Quality Policy and Procedures, Ethics Policy, Environmental Management System, Vision and Strategy, and to exercise good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy in so doing.
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- Requires BS in Computer Science or Engineering; Electrical Engineering preferred
- 2+ years hands-on experience with real-time operating systems including sequence control, HMI, point safety management and data capture. Experience must pertain to: National IO & Labview control programming. (Other programming language skills and controls-related experience will be considered i.e. C, C++, C#, Python).
- Control systems experience, such as PID control, safety logic, and test sequence logic is required.
- Basic programming skills are mandatory.
- Automotive background desired.
- Must be available for: emergency response duty via cellular or text, irregular work hours and response to off-duty calls for technical assistance (including weekends and holidays).
- Must communicate well, both orally and written. Skills in technical writing and good organizational abilities are essential.
Why work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ] .
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] .
What we have to offer:When [ Link removed ] , you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that [ Link removed ] are our strongest tool for success. We are an [ Link removed ] and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email [ Link removed ] or call
- Automotive Industry
- C (Programming Language)
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Communication Softwares
Job ID: 5653