You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
To perform the required full range of power system protection settings, control and protection design drawings at different voltage levels with thorough understanding of distribution, transmission and generation system protection/relaying functions
Working as Power System Engineer under Power System Studies and Protection unit (PSS&PU)/Power System Engineering Department (PSED). PSED is responsible for providing and managing highly technical and specialized engineering services to support the safe and reliable operation of Saudi Aramco electrical power system generation, transmission and distribution networks. PSS&PU engineers are to provide the technical support for the company with regards to designs, standards, commission, investigations, etc in regards of power system protection and studies field.
- Run complete coordination studies for different kind of facilities industrial, offshore, residential, etc for new and existing ones for kind of voltage level.
- Review protection system design for all kind of voltage levels that includes but limited to:
- Protection and metering drawings.
- Schematic and logic drawings.
- Instrument transformer sizing
- Review company standards and be familiar with international standards.
- Able to run settings calculations for power system equipment such as generators, long OHL/cables, transformers, motors… etc.
- Experience on various range of different relays vendors and their software.
- Run Arc Flash studies with complete evaluation for new and existing facilities.
- Run power system studies such as load flow, short circuit, and motor starting.
- Very familiar with ETAP software and/or similar tools.
- Knowledge of power system automation and their protocols.
- Lead power system interruption investigations and review power system events.
- Strong technical training, speaking, writing, and customer service skills
- Ability to direct daily work activities with limited supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Other duties are assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- BSc Degree in Electrical Engineer with Power System Courses.
- Minimum of 8Yrs experiences in the field of power system engineer.
- In-depth knowledge of distribution, transmission and generation protection functions
- Preferred to have experience in oil and gas industrial system.
- Capable of running:
- Coordination studies using ETAP.
- ArcFlash Studies
- Protection settings calculations on all basic/complex relaying functions e.g. differential, distance, directional….etc
- Power system studies such load flow, short circuit, and motor starting.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
- Customer Service
- International Standards
- Oil And Gas
Job ID: 850632423