You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Job Title : SR. PRODUCT ANALYST
Reference Code : OG-7003538
QatarEnergy is an integrated national oil corporation that stands at the forefront of efforts for the long-term sustainable development, utilization and monetization of oil and gas resources in the State of Qatar.
QatarEnergy's activities and those of its subsidiaries and joint ventures, encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally. They include the exploration, refining and production, marketing, and sale of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
QatarEnergy is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come.
Primary purpose of job
Manage all product-related technical questions / technical claims for Chemicals.
Support the operations team with technical inputs to ensure compliance in product movement.
Technical vetting and recommendation for ensuring safety and environment compliances for any new storage terminal / warehouse or new product launch or new route / mode of transportation.
Manage all product-related regulatory aspects for Chemicals / Polymers.
1. Address any specific technical internal or external inquiry related to Chemical product specifications, product performance, product applications, product stewardship, MSDS, product specifications, MARPOL and IMO regulations (…) and provide adequate answer to the requestor.
2. Investigate and support for resolving customer complaints directly linked to Chemicals product quality and/or performance.
3. Maintain Chemicals MSDS and Technical Specs and make sure that appropriate technical documentation is published on Muntajat’s website.
4. Maintain expertise about new regulations, revisions, trends and best practices on loading, shipping, and storing regulations in order to advise shipping teams to ensures cargoes are handled in accordance with prescribed regulations, instructions, orders, and other written procedures.
5. Where requested, support to confirm compliance with, and validity of, Certificates provided by ships; to confirm hazardous materials are properly inspected, documented, and certified; to confirm documents pertaining to IBC / MARPOL & IMO regulations; for safety inspections, incident records, and reports.
6. Conduct Regularly studies imminent threats during the loading & movement of products by bulk ships, ISO containers, Flexibag container and Road tanker trucks; prepare counter measures; review and update procedures for the safe handling of the products.
7. Assist in obtaining certifications of all applicable international standards like ISO, OHSAS, Responsible Care, EPA, DOT standards etc. and administrative practices with in-depth knowledge on DOT standards in the handling & transportation of Liquid and Bulk chemicals.
8. Review and update environmental, health and safety policies and programs.
9. Ensure that company observes and follows established safety guidelines and conducts activities that promote security and administer safety in loading and transportation of products.
10. Advise and support all aspects related to CO2 emissions regulations associated to products or to shipping operations.
Experience & Skills
• Expert technical knowledge in Chemical products, in particular NAO’s: Applications, Product specifications, Regulatory aspects
• Expert knowledge of loading operations of Liquid, Gas and Bulk chemicals, with strong introduction with major international stakeholders.
• Familiar with Inert gas blanketing, IBC, MARPOL and IMO documents, HSE protocol & procedures, Hazardous cargo handling, Shipping terminology
• Awareness of International Marine Laws, BIMCO terms, Port regulations, Vessel vetting process
Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Marine Engineering or Chemical Engineering, or related technical discipline.
Minimum 6 years’ experience in handling and transportation of Chemical & Petrochemical Products.
- Chemical Engineering
- Freight Forwarding
- Inert Gas
- Marine Engineering
- Material Safety Data Sheet
Job ID: OG-7003538