You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Texas Based EPC is looking for a dynamic Design Electrical Engineer who will be heavily involved in development, design, and construction of projects. This position is responsible for developing detailed design packages for utility and commercial scale solar projects throughout the nation. This position requires working with other project engineers, project managers and developers, as well as developing and managing relationships with external consulting engineering firms to support engineering efforts.
You will be part of a fast-paced collaborative team bringing essential renewable industry experience to projects in the US. You lead by example and demonstrate professionalism and integrity in the work that you do.
- Work with the design team and project development teams on solar site assessment to development risk reduction strategies and designs.
- Support product design with specifications, technical reports, white papers, and coordination on installation/technical manuals
- Assists with project design by assembling electrical calculation packages, coordinating design documents/drawings, shop drawings, one-line & 3-Line diagrams, bill of material reviews, and plans and specification review to support the process through from concept to completion.
- Assist civil and structural engineers in the design of PV systems
- Review, assess and report on interpretation of materials, products, testing results, and other project related assignments.
- Evaluate site-specific conditions and customer-requested designs for coordination and development of innovative and cost-effective solutions for non-standard projects.
- Understands and correctly applies local governing electrical code requirements for coordination with pre-construction, procurement and on to execution of code compliant electrical designs.
- Coordination and supervision of system onsite investigation services by consultants, including development of scopes of services, contract management, and invoice review.
- Provides project support during construction by working with Project Management and Field Crews to troubleshoot, analyze, and develop engineered solutions to unknown conditions or changes in work during the construction of projects.
- Site visits and inspections of work may be required for the evaluation of conditions and team coordination on appropriate solutions.
- Participates in business development, networking and marketing activities related to securing clients and winning programs/projects.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Electrical Engineering (PE) Licensure preferred
- PVSYST v7 experience
- Past successful PM experience a plus
- Minimum of 4 years of EIT services in the accompaniment of a licensed PE
- Minimum of 3 years of experience of renewable power system engineering
- Experience in development and implementation of templates and other project specific tools
- Proficiency in AutoCAD release 2018 or later
- Knowledge of National Electric Code and other model codes
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with clients
- Problem-solving ability and strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills with MS Office suite, as well as other industry-standard tools and software
- Creative and able to problem solve in a highly dynamic environment
- Exceptional writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.
- Assembly And Installation
- Attention To Detail
- Auto Cad
- Business Development
Job ID: BBBH43177