0 suggestions are available, use up and down arrow to navigate them
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Civil Structural Engineer
Brunel Energy Holding BV New Orleans, LA Full-Time
About this role: Senior Civil Structural Engineer
Brunel is currently searching for a Senior Civil Structural Engineer for a long-term, contract to potentially direct, position with our client located in New Orleans, LA.
We are looking for a technical expert to support designed Civil and Structural Engineering projects and programs for our global client in the mining and metals industry.
- Supervise or may serve as technical expert or Project Engineer for the design of small/simple to large/complex, expansion or modification Civil/Structural Engineering projects using sound engineering, data measurement & collection, calculations, analysis, interpretation, and problem solving; includes the responsibility of working with other engineering disciplines.
- Review engineering drawings for constructability and manages the production of steel fabrication and rebar bending drawings.
- Supervise or review, investigate and develop appropriate recommendations regarding planned Civil/Structural projects.
- Contribute to site strategic planning and budgeting efforts for designated Civil/Structural Engineering areas.
- Develop and/or review scopes of work and evaluate proposals. May assist with drafting formalized internal requests for funding and administering contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment as approved and required.
- Identify opportunities for improvements and determine associated value for risk reduction measures.
- Perform other duties as requested.
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Structural or Civil Engineering or related engineering discipline and five (5) years of experience in engineering or field work; OR
- Master's degree in Structural or Civil Engineering or related engineering discipline and three (3) years of experience in engineering or field work.
- Professional Engineering (PE) Certification and 10 years of experience, preferred.
- Preferred experience with metal mining operations, especially with regards to geotechnical, structural, earth and concrete works.
- Experience with cost estimating for Civil projects, project scheduling and project controls.
- Skilled in related Engineering software (AutoCAD/Civil3D) and programming languages
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices of Civil/Structural Engineering; and knowledge of steel fabrication and construction.
- Demonstrate technical competence through Engineering and/or Operations experience in at least the following areas: earthworks, structural design, concrete design, steel fabrication details and rebar bending schedules and construction practices.
- Proficient in MS Office and other Engineering tools (CAD, analytical, mapping).
- Able to research and analyze information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to travel to international job sites 15-25% of the time. Travel to jobsite in Indonesia may be required.
- Skilled in managing the design of large/complex Civil/Structural Engineering project.
- Ability to research and analyze information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Skill in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Fluency in English.
- Broad knowledge of the principles and practices of Civil Structural engineering.
- MUST be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer without sponsorship.
Positions offers a day rate from $600-700/day. All travel expenses and accommodations are covered. As a contractor with Brunel, your medical, dental and vision insurance begins on your first day of employment with multiple packages to chose from. In addition, you will be eligible for a 3% 401K match.
Our client is a global leader in the mining and metals industry.
- Auto Cad
Job ID: PUB401706