0 suggestions are available, use up and down arrow to navigate them
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Regulatory Compliance Specialist
American Bureau of Shipping Spring, TX Full-Time
The Regulatory Compliance Specialist will be a part of a MAOP Reconfirmation team tasked with locating records that will prevent reconfirmation activities for natural gas transmission pipelines. This position requires an individual with a high attention to detail and the ability to be successful while working independently.
What You Will Do:
- Locate and review pressure test records per 49 CFR 192 and other standards to determine if they are Traceable, Verifiable and Complete (TVC).
- Locate and review pipeline material records for material verification.,
- Provide a notated document indicating the substantiation for TVC determination or material verification.
- Upload and georeference any documents relevant to TVC determination into an asset records management application.
- Update TVC status for pipe segments in GIS platform.
- Collaborate with survey, GIS, and other disciplines to ensure that data located during review process agrees across all platforms.
- Update GIS data when needed.
- Provide weekly updates to reconfirmation team.
What You Will Need:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in pipeline regulation compliance or construction.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to recognize and interpret documents needed including, but not limited to: pressure test reports, wheel charts, OQ, survey reports, alignments sheets, material test records, purchase orders, mechanical drawings, isometrics, and P&ID’s.
- Strong analytical skills and logical thought processes, with the ability to identify and resolve conflicting pipeline source documentation information.
- Fundamental knowledge of pipeline system components and design/construction.
- Knowledge of the construction and operation of natural gas pipelines and a working knowledge of 49 CFR Part 192
- Highly skilled at research and problem solving.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically MS-Excel.
- Ability to be productive with minimal supervision, strong organizational skills to prioritize daily work to meet schedules, objectives, and provide routine status updates.
- Basically ability to work in ArcGIs Pro.
It Would Be Nice If You Had
- Working knowledge of API RP 1169 Pipeline Construction Inspection
- Experience with Power BI
Reports directly to Manager level position or above.We set out more than 160 years ago to promote the security of life and property at sea and preserve the natural environment. Today, we remain true to our mission and continue to support organizations facing a rapidly evolving seascape of challenging regulations and new technologies. Through it all, we are anchored by a vision and mission that help our clients find clarity in uncertain times. ABS is a global leader in marine and offshore classification and other innovative safety, quality, and environmental services. We’re at the forefront of supporting the global energy transition at sea, the application of remote and autonomous marine systems, cutting-edge technical solutions, and many more exciting advancements. Our commitment to safety, reliability, and efficiency is ever-present, guiding our clients to safer and more efficient operations. Equal Opportunity The ABS Group of Companies is committed to the equal employment opportunity of its employees and prohibits discrimination against any employee or qualified applicant based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status, or other non-work-related characteristics that may be protected under the law of the Federal Government or specific state employment laws. Notice ABS and Affiliated Companies (ABS) will not pay a fee to any third-party agency without a valid ABS Master Service Agreement (MSA) authorized and signed by Human Resources. Any resume, CV, application, or other forms of candidate submission provided to any employee of ABS without a valid MSA on file will be considered property of ABS, and no fee will be paid. Other This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job of the incumbent. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making a fair decision regarding the pay structure of the job. #ogjs
- Attention To Detail
- Hardworking And Dedicated
Job ID: 278