0 suggestions are available, use up and down arrow to navigate them
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Professional Engineer – FL Certified
American Bureau of Shipping Washington, DC Full-Time
The Project Engineer is responsible for the activities related to an assigned organizational element, program, project or task. Will normally plan, conduct and supervise engineering design reviews and analysis assignments involving a major project or several smaller or less complex projects. These projects by nature of their complexity and difficulty require the fully competent application of conventional knowledge in a particular field of engineering or scientific field. Project work and assignments may be broad in nature requiring ingenuity and cross functional coordination.
What You Will Do:
- Remains knowledgeable of new scientific methods, building codes, and technical standards and developments affecting the technical scope of assigned responsibilities and makes recommendations for changes in engineering processes and programs as warranted by such developments.
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered and makes recommendations for changes in methods, procedures or design where necessary.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of technical responsibility.
- Participates in the development and/or changes of Rules related to specific marine structures or building types.
- Performs engineering reviews and analyses when necessary.
- Prepares written response to clients for review by the Principal or Senor Engineer and/or the Project Manager.
- Maintains liaison with other engineering specialists, internally and externally.
- Monitors the performance, development potential and training needs of engineers assigned. Keeps Principal and/or Senior Engineer informed of workload and schedule. Identifies appropriate training programs for professional development.
- Assists Principal and/or Senior Engineer in the development of qualification statements, proposals, bids and other presentation materials.
- Promotes ABS Quality System within an assigned group of engineers.
What You Will Need:
Education & Experience
- 7 Years of experience is required
- A Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Structural Engineering is required
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must have a Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Should have advanced practical industry related experience.
- Knowledge of related technical disciplines.
- Knowledge of applicable Rules and Regulations and impact of Rule applications and interpretations.
- Knowledge of company business policies and procedures.
- The human relations skills necessary to maintain positive client contacts and provide leadership and motivation to subordinate staff and peers.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve complex or unique engineering problems.
- Ability to undertake short- and long-term planning to provide for efficient and effective scheduling of work assignments.
- A working knowledge of the ABS Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental Management Systems (internal candidates only).
- Building Codes
- Civil Engineering
- Engineering Design Process
- Environmental Management
- Human Relations Movement
Job ID: 758