You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Aramco is seeking a Lubricating Oil Testing Specialist to join the Technical Services Division of its Research & Development Center (R&DC), which is responsible for providing advanced analytical services to measure and understand the composition, properties and performance of finished lubricants, base oils, lubricant additives, lubricant formulations, and their applications. These activities will support the development of new products and formulations, and investigate issues and concerns with existing products.
The Lubricating Oil Testing Specialist’s primary role is to lead the analysis of lubricant-related products using various testing capabilities to provide characterization of lubricant products and their formulations. This will include ensuring that the methods being used are aligned with industry requirements, including inter-laboratory test qualification.
- Engage with research, operations, and engineering entities to expand existing lubricant oil testing capabilities and business portfolio.
- Advanced characterization using various analytical techniques to characterize various lubricant samples using both established methods such as ASTM and more bespoke methods from within the industry.
- Work with lubricant formulators and molecular synthesis experts to develop integrated approaches to identifying and predicting those activities will affect the performance of finished products.
- Support ongoing lubricant research projects within the R&DC by providing technical expertise and/or analytical support.
- Develop new analytical methods for non-routine tests and assessments to meet Aramco’s operations and research needs.
- Develop and propose new methods to differentiate lubricant products for marketing purposes
- Integrate the R&DC lubricant laboratory within relevant industry inter-laboratory and quality schemes.
- Carry out investigative studies in matters related to lubricant quality concerns and in support of both production and operational issues.
- Utilize project management tools in setting work objectives, detailing experimental scope, and timely execution of the projects towards sound technical solutions.
- Mentor and coach junior scientists and technicians in the field of lubricant oil testing to develop sustainable competency within the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, PhD degree is preferred.
- Five years of experience in lubricant testing and development.
- Sound experience and hands-on skills in testing of finished lubricant formulations, base oils and lubricant additives; experience in lubricant formulation would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret the requirement of R&D, engineering, and operation entities and translate those into meaningful reports, recommendations and conclusions including guidance on future directions.
- Reasonable understanding of the overall lubricant industry landscape, including industry and OEM specifications and how they are responding to market changes.
- Proven track record of project delivery in technical support, research and technology development, and deployment in the area of lubricants.
- Ability to demonstrate technical authority and broad credibility, preferably including representation on test development activities with groups such as ASTM and with industry bodies, and with publications and/or patents.
- Experience with lubricants suppliers’ operations and processes involved in the formulation, blending, and production is favorable.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
- Chemical Engineering
- Coaching And Mentoring
Job ID: 850857123