You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Part Time Adhoc Quality Inspector - Process Containment Equipment
Come grow your career with Intertek!
Intertek is looking for a Part Time Adhoc Quality Inspector (Process Containment Equipment) for various projects across the state of Louisiana. As a casual employee, you will not be working a regular schedule and instead will work on a project and/or on-call basis.
The Part Time Adhoc Quality Inspector (Process Containment Equipment) will ensure that the Project Quality Plan in conjunction with Project Execution Plan is developed and implemented. This role will promote quality awareness throughout the organization, emphasizing excellence, continuous improvement, and corrective action to influence the overall success of company business. By joining Intertek, your contributions will be valued as we continue to help the world Build Back Ever Better.
- Capable of performing inspections or audits and reviewing testing for conformance to Client specifications, industry standards, and approved procedures and reporting of results
- Capable of reviewing material test reports to conformance with applicable codes and standards
- Basic knowledge of material properties
- Clear understanding of basic procurement and fabrication processes with knowledge of relevant codes and specifications for the oil and gas industry
- Capable of performing the follow-up of dispositions and corrective actions related to non-conformances
- Ability to travel frequently throughout the continental US
- Capable of documenting inspection activities in electronic formats
- Proficient in MS Office programs and Outlook
- Review and agree upon project quality procedures, standards, and specifications ensuring that all parties (engineering, procurement, manufacturing) are adhering to them.
- Review Inspection & Testing Plans to ensure a standardized minimum level of surveillance in accordance with the contractual requirements. Identify the critical inspections and tests to be witnessed by the Owner.
- Carry out inspection visits as per ITP’s either personally or through 3rd party resource.
Scope of Work: Dependent on customer level of inspection
Level 1: No Inspection, Expediting only.
Level 2: Industry Standard equipment. Final Inspection only.
Level 3: Custom Engineered to Order Equipment – Periodic in-process Inspection visits by a Client Authorized Inspector per Client Minimum Inspection Specifications and all appropriate Industry standards and country Codes. This means there will be a number of visits to the supplier’s site over the manufacturing/fabrication cycle/schedule, with frequency and schedule being driven by the witness and spot witness listed in the Inspection Specifications in conjunction with the Supplier’s progress.
Level 4: Special / Complex (Client Specs defined) Custom Engineered to Order Equipment – All of Level 3 requirements plus a designated Client SME will provide special instructions / direction to the Client Authorized Inspector and lead a formal Pre-Inspection Meeting reviewing and/or approving the Suppliers inspection & Test Plan.
Level 5: Non Spared / Project Critical Custom Engineered to Order Equipment – All of Level 4 requirements plus the Client authorized Inspector will become a Resident Inspector (daily inspection) for the duration of the fabrication/manufacturing cycle at the supplier’s facility.
Type of Equipment:
- Vessels (Drums, Reactors, Towers, Columns, etc..)
- Heat Exchangers
- Experience in quality control inspections and tests, including nondestructive testing techniques, mechanical testing, dimensional inspection, pressure testing and coating inspections
- 5+ years 3rd party vendor inspection, expediting or auditing
- High School Diploma or GED + Trade School, On-The-Job Training or University Diploma
- A.P.I. 510, or
- A.P.I. 570, or
- AWS CWI (Certified Welding Inspector)
RT – II Certification:
- Candidate received formal training in radiographic film interpretation
- Candidate passed proficiency test for film interpretation and code interpretation
- ASNT SNT-TC-1A certification as a Level II Radiographer (RT) or Radiographic Interpreter (RTFI) (or equivalents) satisfy client requirement
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Business Process Improvement
- Certified Welding Inspector
- Heat Exchanger
Job ID: 5756