You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Administrative Assistant, Engineering (Contract)
Because our people make the difference! What we do matters, both towards the safety of the environment and people as a whole. ABS and its affiliated companies are global leaders in marine and offshore classification and other innovative safety, quality, and environmental services focused on the marine, energy, and government sectors. With more than 5,000 employees, in over 70 countries, ABS and the ABS affiliated companies offer a dynamic work environment and multiple avenues for career growth.
Administrative Assistant, Engineering - Contract
The Administrative Assistant's duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure the efficient operation of the office. Supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Administrative assistants are responsible for confidential and time-sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
What You Will Do:
- Utilizes various systems for tasks such as accounts receivable tracking, billing, and record keeping.
- Ensures proper billing processes are followed and accurate records are kept of department activities.
- Performs clerical duties such as word processing, mail distribution, filing, record keeping, and faxing.
- May assist in the planning of events and seminars.
- Working hours are 35 hours per week.
What You Will Need:
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Relevant experience required.
- A valid right to work in Germany
- Able to communicate fluently in German and English.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to develop a working knowledge of ABS Rules, Guides, statutory regulations, and related instructions, as well as the ABS Employee Safety Policy.
- Strong MS Office experience, such as word processing and spreadsheet creation
- Proficient clerical skills such as file maintenance, record keeping, and office equipment use.
- Excellent arithmetic abilities.
- Good interpersonal, professional, and communications skills for use in person, in writing, and in telephone conversations.
- Ability to become familiar with the ABS Health, Safety, Quality, and Environmental Management System.
Reports directly to a department Manager, Supervisor or above.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job of the incumbent. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making a fair decision regarding the pay structure of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Position: (Temporär) Ingenieurtechnische Assistentenstelle – Hamburg
Unterstützung der Ingenieur*Innen bei der Überprüfung von Schiffsemissionen:
- Vorbereitung von Tabellenkalkulationen und Durchführung von Datenanalysen
- Überprüfungen mithilfe von interner Software
- Unterstützung des gesamten Teams nach Bedarf auch in weiteren Bereichen der Dokumenten- und Zeichnungsprüfung
- Arbeitszeit: 35 Stunden pro Woche
- Studierend oder mit einem Abschluss in einer relevanten wissenschaftlichen oder technischen Disziplin (z.B. Schiffbau, Schiffstechnik, Meerestechnik, Informatik, Maschinenbau usw.)
- Gute Kenntnisse in Microsoft Office
- Grundkenntnisse im programmieren
- Gute Englisch - und Deutschkenntnisse
- Gute zwischenmenschliche Fähigkeiten
- Solide technische Basis
- Ausgeprägte Kommunikationsfähigkeiten
- Interesse an Datenanalyse
- Sofortige Verfügbarkeit
- Arbeitsplatz in einem globalen/internationalen Umfeld
- Flexible Arbeitszeiteinteilung und Home Office Möglichkeiten nach der Trainingsphase
- Einblicke in die maritime Industrie
- Mögliche zukünftige Festanstellung
- Entschädigung: 15 €/Stunde
#LI-hybridWe set out more than 160 years ago to promote the security of life and property at sea and preserve the natural environment. Today, we remain true to our mission and continue to support organizations facing a rapidly evolving seascape of challenging regulations and new technologies. Through it all, we are anchored by a vision and mission that help our clients find clarity in uncertain times. ABS is a global leader in marine and offshore classification and other innovative safety, quality, and environmental services. We’re at the forefront of supporting the global energy transition at sea, the application of remote and autonomous marine systems, cutting-edge technical solutions, and many more exciting advancements. Our commitment to safety, reliability, and efficiency is ever-present, guiding our clients to safer and more efficient operations. Equal Opportunity ABS Bureau is committed to the equal employment opportunity of its employees and prohibits discrimination against any employee or qualified applicant based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status, or other non-work-related characteristics that may be protected under the law of the Federal Government or specific state employment laws. Notice ABS and Affiliated Companies (ABS) will not pay a fee to any third-party agency without a valid ABS Master Service Agreement (MSA) authorized and signed by Human Resources. Any resume, CV, application, or other forms of candidate submission provided to any employee of ABS without a valid MSA on file will be considered property of ABS, and no fee will be paid. Other This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job of the incumbent. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making a fair decision regarding the pay structure of the job. #ogjs The Administrative Assistant, Engineering (Contract) duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure the efficient operation of the office. Supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Administrative assistants are responsible for confidential and time-sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Accounts Receivable
- Audio Equipments
Job ID: 279